The new CTP is principally a stabilization release, with a large number of bug fixes (including all hot fixes from the 2.0 branch) and some corrections in the new API design. This CTP is more stable than the latest builds on the 2.0 branch, but this has of course to be validated by the community.
What’s New in PostSharp 2.1 CTP 3
- A streamlined experience for first-time users, including a redesigned PostSharp HQ application and new Learn PostSharp tool window in Visual Studio.
- PostSharp does not enter the evaluation mode automatically. Instead, a dialog box will ask you to explicitly enter the evaluation mode. This adds a little friction for those evaluating PostSharp but should help to clarify any licensing questions.
- Complete class reference documentation (the conceptual documentation is still not updated).
- Support for Windows Phone 7.1 Beta.
- Support for Silverlight and Windows Phone in the NuGet package.
What’s New in PostSharp 2.1 CTP 2
- Architecture constraints.
- Extended build-time reflection API.
- Support for obfuscation.
- Support for Silverlight 5.
- License server.
What's New in PostSharp 2.1 CTP 1
- Improvements in build-time performance.
Now that the design is nearly finalized, we should finally blog about and document new features. The release candidate will be published as soon as the documentation is complete (the current release has been tested to release candidate-level quality).
If your application is not going to production in the next few months, now is a great time to download PostSharp 2.1 and to upgrade your current application in a feature branch. Doing so will help us to validate the new version and move the final release date forward. Please report all issues on the support forum. Thanks!